'Day 3 in the NaNoWriMo house, and Damon has had trouble getting started today, because yesterday's writing didn't end in the middle of a scene.'
I'm having trouble kicking off this morning. On Day 1 I ended my day's writing in the middle of a scene which had to be completed, which carried me forward into into Day 2 easily. However, last night, I finished a scene, and this morning I have now moved the narrative forward to a few hours later, and am now having trouble getting the new scene underway. I dislike one of the the main character's names intensely, and need to go back and change it as well, when I get a better name, that is.
However, the words have been flying so far. Target for Day 2 should be 3333, and I happily beat that by over a thousand. My output each day has increased each day so far, albeit we are only two days in. My book has the ludicrously stupid crappy working title of "The Island of Doom" which WILL get changed in due course.
Here's the progress chart (according to the info on yWriter, the program I am using; figures on my NaNoWriMo page may be slightly different as the site is often down when I try to update, particularly around the midnight mark). I need to crank out at least 1667 words a day to make it to the end of the month with a target of 50,000:
Day 1 (ideal target: 1667): 2008 (2008 words written today)
Day 2 (ideal target: 3334): 4393 (2385 words written today)
Day 3 (ideal target: 5001): to be continued!